Chapter Events in Kansas City
We hope you have already registered for the 2017 ASFPM National Conference in Kansas City, MO, April 30 - May 5, 2017. There are numerous special events throughout the conference that are particularly directed towards Chapters. In addition to the technical program and plenary sessions on key programs impacting you, they are designed to better help you do your job. We urge you to take advantage of them, most of them are FREE with your full conference registration (except for the 5K Run). Please feel free to share these with your members who are attending as well. See pocket guide for locations and focus of each event.
- Sunday 4/30
- 3:00pm and 5:00pm, First Timers Orientation at the Registration Desk. A special time for newcomers to hear about the conference flow and learn how to get the most out of the week.
- 7:30pm-10:00pm, Annual Welcome Fest, reacquaint with past friends and make some new ones!
- Monday, 5/1
- 8:00am-3:30pm, ASFPM National Policy Discussions, where we discuss current issues and shape our positions on national policy and priorities over the coming year. See listing in the Pocket Guide for locations and times of each committee.
- 10:00am and 3:00pm, First Timers Orientation at the Registration Desk. A special time for newcomers to hear about the conference flow and learn how to get the most out of the week.
- 4:00pm-5:00pm, ASFPM Membership Meeting: ASFPM annual business, reports, and internal awards are presented.
- 5:00pm-7:00pm, Exhibit Hall Grand Opening Social
- Tuesday, 5/2
- 8:30-10:00am, Opening Plenary Session
- 10:00am, First Timers Orientation at the Registration Desk. A special time for newcomers to hear about the conference flow and learn how to get the most out of the week.
- 10:30am-5:15pm Concurrent Sessions commence
- 3:45-5:15pm, 8th Annual ASFPM Foundation Student Paper Competition
- 5:15pm-7:15pm, Exhibit Hall Networking Social
- Wednesday, 5/3
- 6:15am, 5th Annual Running of the Chapters 5K Run / Walk
- 7:00am-8:15am, Issues Discussion (Early Bird Sessions), specific questions will be addressed on various timely issues. See Pocket Guide for locations and focus of each session. Moderated by ASFPM Committee Chairs
- 10:00am-3:30pm, Blood Drive- 2nd Annual Greg Main Memorial Blood Drive. Sign up to donate at the local host booth.
- 1:30pm-3:30pm, ASFPM Chapters Meeting. This is especially for Chapters. Chapter board members strongly encouraged to attend.
- 3:30pm, Silent Auction closes
- Thursday, 5/4
- 7:00am-8:15am, Regional Meetings (Early Bird Sessions), we urge you to participate and find out what your adjacent states/Chapters and others are up to. Moderated by ASFPM Regional Directors. Locations are listed in the Pocket Guide.
Thank you, hope to see you in Kansas City!
Kait Laufenberg, CFM
Training & Chapter Coordinator